Friday 14 June 2013

Brush Cleaning 101



I have had a few people in the past ask me how I care for my expensive make up brushes and if I am perfectly honest, I don't wash them as often as I should - but when I do, this is how:

There are several things you can use to clean your brushes, such as hand soap, disinfectant and olive oil to keep them soft etc, but I use Baby Shampoo as I think it is the softest option and still makes them extremely clean. 

Using the palm of my hand I pour on some shampoo and clean the brush in circular motions until the water runs clean or the soap is clear. I run the bristles under warm water upside down, making sure not too let the water get into the brush, so the glue holding the bristles together don't get wet - resulting in the brushes hairs falling out.

When I lay my brushes out after cleaning them, I lay them out on a towel rolling up the end to make the towel sit on an angle, with the brush heads facing down so if there is any water left in the brush it will run out instead of letting it get inside the brush.

Most of my brushes are MAC, Sigma, Napoleon Perdis, Eco Tools, Real Techniques etc if you have any questions about what I use for what, or my opinions on any brushes, please leave them in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I really enjoy reading your blog so I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out my blog for the details http://mynameis-meg.blogspot.co.uk/

    Meg xxx

    ReplyDelete